Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero or any other DVD burning software can't burn DVD's

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hi. I am attaching an error log as txt. My dilemma, is that for the past six months I was unable to burn DVDs, as almost at the very end I get error message. I tried different apps, and DVDs. I can play DVDs, and I can burn CDs. But I can't burn DVDs completely. I suspect hardware failure, but who knows. Please help.

Edited by bigdog1100, 12 August 2007 - 02:55 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you check DMA is enabled for the drive

The drive has the latest firmware

You have the latest version of Nero

Use a slower write speed

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I don't have means of checking for DMA. Any suggestions? Please note, I don't have advanced settings tab on one and only IDE Controller that my PC has.

Edited by bigdog1100, 16 August 2007 - 01:17 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check it with this, though the Nero info tool should show if DMA is enabled

http://www.blackmaxp.../Enable_DMA.htm

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Nero Info Tool showed DMA on and Autorun On. I also suspect that this is DVD movie mode burning problem only, and not DVD data burning problem. I think I've made experiment in burning Data successfully about six months ago but forgot. I will try to do it tonight. I do have the latest Nero 6.x. I belive Nero 7 is not free. I will also see if there is a driver update for my DVD drive.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Update. Just burned 4.38 gig of random large and small media files with no problem at full 8x speed. Is it possible that after burening it can't write lead out? Or is it something with soeftware? I will now attempt to update driver and burn DVD for DVD player.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ok here is update. After unuastalling Nero 6 completely, and downloading/installing Nero 7 (which turned out to be a trial :whistling: ) I was successful in burning Data DVD and today I was able to burn VOB file through "Make Your Own DVD-Video". However, when I tried to use DVD shrink to back up one of my DVDs, it didn't even start burning. And then I tried to use Nero's "Burn-DVD Video Files" mode to burn all those DVD files that DVD shrink stored into it's temp folder. Keep in mind I was using half the speed that my PIONEER DVR-107D is capable of. So, it was burning, and burning, and then at the very end (which is always where the error occurres) I get this :blink: error message, "Could not perform End-of-Disk at once" Looks like it won't do lead out when burning DVDs in copying DVDs or DVD files mode. I hope I am being clear in my explanation. Also, I did find one firmware update for DVD drive, but when I click on exe file it says that "Available target is not found". I will be awaiting your response. Thank you.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have the serial number for 6 you can get that from Nero or oldversion.com

Load a vob file in to Nero - make dvd

Click export at the bottom, click configure and check it is set to 2 passes and standard play

It will go to nerovision - exported video

Convert enough for 4.37GB and then use Nero - make dvd - add video files, you can rename the files if you need to

Try burning a disc

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Done. DVD burned successfully. What's next.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could try some more the same way

You could try transcoding AVI - MPEG files directly with Nero

If those burn properly then it is one of the other applications

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ok. I've tried before and it worked. So I assert that it is software conflict. Now. What are the troubleshooting steps to determine that? ANd why when I copy DVD, it won't do lead out. Like, it does everything until the very end and then shows error.

Edited by bigdog1100, 19 August 2007 - 09:07 AM.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Please advise what will be my next step. Thank you. :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could start with re-installing the freebie programmes

Consider whether you have to use them

If you do, then burning them with Nero is probably only going to work as per post 8

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I got my Nero 7 registered. I was trying to burn DVD, but the same result. Is there a way to identify what is wrong without uninstalling a whole bunch of software? Also, is there a way that I can save to file the information about my registry and or programs installed so that you or someone else from geekstogo could see where the conflict is? :whistling: