Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player in browsers

• Please log in to reply

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
i need help. i reformatted my hd. now when i watch videos on a browser (windows media player) they are all really dark. u cant really even see a picture. how the [bleep] do i fix this. but if i open in a new tab the video is bright as long as i keep that first tab open. this is in firefox and ei

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you re-install the latest drivers after reformatting HD and installing Windows again?

Ron

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i put the same drive on that i was running before (video card driver). it worked fine before

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Yes, but all your other drivers reverted back to what Windows install disk provided too. One or more may have an effect on what's happening now unless you never had the latest drivers installed to begin with. Have you also checked that WMP has been updated? Are you using SP1 or have you fully installed SP2 already?

Ron

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
sp2 i am running. the only other driver i need is for the sound card. i will go it it right now

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
so i put the new sound card driver in and it is still not working. the video is still really dark. now if i open the same video in a new tab the new video is fine. but the first one is still all dark.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i am getting a new card tonight i will see if that fixes it( HIS x1950pro 512 mb). i will let u know if that fixes it

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
the new card did fix it. ty u guys u are really great

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Heck, you did it all yourself! LOL