Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icon problem

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I used to be able to have a folder on my desktop and then collect files to put into it. I would do a right click on the file and then click on the 'move to' and then designate the folder to where the file should go. Or I could drag the file to the folder and drop it in.

Lately I am noticing that files will no longer go into a folder no matter the method I use. They just jump to the side of the folder and stay there. I have to open the folder and then drag the file in.

Anyone have an idea what I might have done to alter this operation or what I can do to cause it to work as it used to?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Try a simple cut and paste. Right click the file and select cut or CTRL+X then right click the folder and paste or CTRL+V.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Fast reply - works just fine! Now can you resolve how I can get back to the drag and drop method like I used to do or the 'move to' method? I am wondering what happened that these methods suddenly stopped working - or rather what I did :whistling:

And thanks for the tip of how to cut/paste the icon.