Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help on Laptop vs Mini DVD Screen

• Please log in to reply

GrandmaNeedsComputerHelp

GrandmaNeedsComputerHelp

• Pip
  • 6 posts
[/color]
[color="#9932CC"]Helllo There I am a mother of 2 md 20's daughter and son. Daughter has 2 kids. a boy 8 and a girl 7. The grandkids dad is in Iraq till next March.

I have had computerr training and was all up to speed on Windows 98!!!! Well I'm not up to date anymore. A lot of the knowledge transfers over to all computers.

I'm not sure what to do next on this message board, so .............

I need help with an XP Gateway laptop. I have a mini dvd player. I have the usb attachment to hook up - USB on one end and a part that has the places to insert a yellow, red and white cord (not sure what it is called now. I use to use one like it between a vidio cam and vcr.

My question is. Is it possible to use the mini dvd player as a monitor for the laptop so that I can watch Real player super pass on the mini dvd screen instead of the laptop screen?

Thanks for any help

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi there Grandma, looks like you found the right section! I'm just wondering if you could post the make and model of the mini dvd player so I can look up the specifications for you? It may or may not be possible. Can I ask why you would want to do this instead of using the laptop's monitor?

GrandmaNeedsComputerHelp

GrandmaNeedsComputerHelp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I want the mini dvd player because then I can watch something when I'm not working on the laptop, and it would so much easier to put the dvd player on a couch or whatever. I don't want the laptop to fall. I just got done paying $200 to get info off an external hard drive that crashed when my other Gateway laptop crashed grgrgr

GrandmaNeedsComputerHelp

GrandmaNeedsComputerHelp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
[font="Arial"]Because I don't want the laptop to fall & it would be easier to sit on a couch and hold the mini dvd player.

The mini dvd player is a Trutech 7 inch model #PVS12701. Do you need any more info? :blink: :whistling:

Thanks /font]

Edited by GrandmaNeedsComputerHelp, 12 August 2007 - 11:26 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi again, I've just been researching information on the player, I can't seem to find much information at all except that it only outputs audio. So I think the answer would be no, it can't accept incoming video to play on the screen. Why don't you just watch a dvd on it instead of wanting to connect it to the laptop? If you wanted to watch RealPlayer on it, then you would need the laptop connected to it anyway (not that it works), so it might fall all the same, unless I have missed something there... I guess you would just have to watch it on the laptop (and be really careful).

Hope this helps! :whistling:

I just got done paying $200 to get info off an external hard drive that crashed when my other Gateway laptop crashed grgrgr

Wow that must be annoying, make sure you learn your lesson and have backups! And backups of your backups!