Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant open any programs or task manager

• Please log in to reply

soundboytom

soundboytom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can some one help me?
When i start my computer (XP media center) it starts normally and i can work as normal for about half an hour, then i cant open any programs, not even task manager or Antivirus/spyware progs. My scans reveal nothing and i have to switch it off and start again. Ive changed virus programs several times, at one point Antivir was detecting a program call PKD Armadillo but the virus wasnt listed in the online database or in any useful forums. Also Antivir would only pick this up when i ran a scan on System volume info using Adaware.
Is there a solution short of reinstalling windows or formatting my hard drives?

Any help appreciated!

Advertisements