Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help:Trojan Downloader-problems with internet

• Please log in to reply

smikis

smikis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everybody,

My PC is running Windows XP professional edition, with AVG free antivirus program.
Some days ago AVG free found as it says “Trojan-Downloader.Agent.Pto” virus. It was not able to heal the virus so moved from ….windows\system32 directory to virus vault some file “t0.dll”.
Afterwards any internet activity stopped working on the PC. Nothing works-nor internet browser (internet explorer), nor email program (Microsoft Outlook), nor Skype, nor AVG free can retrieve updates from internet etc.
I tried to Google for the problem, but found only very few posts in some Russian forums complaining regarding the same problem with the removed file (t0.dll), but no solution given there. The most interesting thing is that searching Grisoft web page and forums I couldn’t find any reference to the name Trojan-Downloader.Agent.Pto or malicious file t0.dll.
I would appreciate any help or comments or suggestions concerning possible solution of the problem.

Smikis

Edited by smikis, 13 August 2007 - 06:42 AM.

Advertisements

smikis

smikis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks to everyone who helped. :whistling: I've solved my problem.
Regars