Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yahoo script error

• Please log in to reply

sickperson

sickperson

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
hi every1...and thanks 4 viewing this post.Actually i m a having a serious problem wiht my yahoo messenger...i login successfully but when i try to send and recieve instant messages....a huge trail of errors somewhat similar 2 this pop up-

title bar:Internet explorer script error

An error has occures in the script on this page.

line: 32
Char: 1
Error:not enough storage is available to complete this operation
Code: 0
URL: file://D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\TMPIMV1.tmp

I M sure i dont have ny spywares or viruses in my computer.i have tried uninstalling and installing yahoomessenger but no success and i m able to send n receive messages whilst in a conference.I also ran a registry scan and deleted all the yahoo registries manually but the m still receiving those popup errors.and neither is there any storage problem in my computer.Any help would b awesome!!!!! :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Lets try the following:

Try this

Navigate to your Start menu
my computer
c drive
program files
then Yahoo Messenger
now go to stored ims(delete whats in here)
now navigate back to the yahoo messenger folder to cache folder
(delete whats in here)
now back to the yahoo messenger folder

delete the following only files that says
emptygrps.(username) reboot and hopefully
that solves ur issues
if not
uninstall yahoo through add and remove programs
then now this is important go back to my computer c drive program files to yahoo yellow folder and delete it
then reboot and reinstall yahoo after you have rebooted
this should install a clean yahoo messenger for you

If this doesn't work, please provide me with what version of Internet explorer and anti virus applications you have.

sickperson

sickperson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Mmy internet explorer version is 6.0.29 and yahoo messenger is 8.0......i tried installing the 7 beta 2 version but same errors came....so i coluld do nothing but restore my system.....anyways thanks for the help!!!

dash21

dash21

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi every1...and thanks 4 viewing this post.Actually i m a having a serious problem wiht my yahoo messenger...i login successfully but when i try to send and recieve instant messages....a huge trail of errors somewhat similar 2 this pop up-

title bar:Internet explorer script error

An error has occures in the script on this page.

line: 32
Error:not enough storage is available to complete this operation
URL: file://D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\TMPIMV1.tmp

I M sure i dont have ny spywares or viruses in my computer.i have tried uninstalling and installing yahoomessenger but no success and i m able to send n receive messages whilst in a conference.I also ran a registry scan and deleted all the yahoo registries manually but the m still receiving those popup errors.and neither is there any storage problem in my computer.Any help would b awesome!!!!! :)

"Line: 32
Error: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation
URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Yahoo!/Messenger/TMPIMV1.tmp, ETC."

SOLUTION!!!

Yes i have *Finally* resolved this problem.. its very easy!

go to C:
Program files
Yahoo then enter the folder of messenger..
next click on "Plugin_selector" it will open IE
then allow the pupop for active X.
once this is done, close the browser and open Yahoo Messenger. it will work properly after that.

Zoidy

Zoidy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
That solution worked for me for like five minutes until I restarted and then it never worked since. However I have found the problem and the solution. If you have Hotfix for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB947864) uninstall it and you will find that you no longer have any problems. I by mistake installed this update before I even had Internet Explorer 7 how and why? I don't know must had just went to update and saw updates selected all and let it update without taking any notice. I got Internet Explorer 7 now anyway as I installed that to see if that would fix the problem never did. I suggest using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the Hotfix for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB947864) as you can pretty mush use it for any program and remove every last trace of the program from your hard drive and registry. I hope this helps anyone else that is having this problem or will have it in the future as clearly Yahoo and Microsoft are not going to do anything about it as for what I have seen this problem has been around for like since 2006.