Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer randomly slows down and fps drop.

• Please log in to reply

Gunz

Gunz

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Playing games mostly but running some applications as well. No matter how old the game. I play mostly older games like counter-strike 1.6 and what not. Things my dell ran fine. I play on this computer and i will have steady fps and everything running awesome then randomly fps drops to about 10-15 and slows down for about 20 seconds. Then jumps right back to normal. I have 2 gigs of ram and the latest ati drivers.

System Specs include

AMD Turion 64

radeon xpress 1100

2 gigs ram pc2 ram

100 gig hd.

I have tried reformatting and defraging. Windows update and everything else i can think of. I recently had windows vista installed because i had a free upgrade but i was not happy with the performance so did a clean reinstall with xp professional. Still no change in games.

Advertisements