Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Screenshotting...?

• Please log in to reply

kittiez

kittiez

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I have an HP Pavilion AMD Turion ( Entertainment laptop ).
There's a button on the keyboard that says insert with prt sc on the bottom in a little white box. Everytime I push this, it doesn't print the screen though? I tried shift + pushing it, alt + pushing it, ctrl + pushing it, nothing happens! If someone knows how to solve this, it would be nice.

However, if you don't I'm wondering if you know a good application for taking screenshots? I tried Screenshot Captor but there is a lot of lag when starting it up. Oh and I'd prefer if it were free. I tried Gadwin too, but 'UNREGISTERED VERSION' appears across the screenshot.

Edited by kittiez, 13 August 2007 - 10:35 AM.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I use Ctrl + Print Screen for everything or Alt + Print Screen for just the current selected window. Then I just paste them into a Word document or an email.

kittiez

kittiez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I tried doing that. :/
It doesn't copy the screen so I CAN'T paste it in paint or anything.
Thanks for your reply, though.

Edited by kittiez, 13 August 2007 - 10:32 AM.

Plumzzy

Plumzzy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
You can try also Screen VidShot. There is a free trial version without time limit.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
WinSnap is another good one. Version 1 is free...version 2 is not.

kittiez

kittiez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Thank you so much!!
I'm using Winsnap, but I'm sure that Screen Vidshot is good, too!

This is so lovely. I can finally take screenshots again without that horrid lag! :whistling:

Edited by kittiez, 14 August 2007 - 10:41 AM.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Fast, light, free, and easy: Faststone Capture: http://www.faststone...ptureDetail.htm