Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Objectivity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
Unless a staff member retains their objectivity, I do not believe they should be in their position.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Wouldnt that depend on the thread?

Isnt the Discussion threads just for opinions / thoughts?

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
Yes, I agree with you. But to delete parts of a post to promote a staff members thoughts aren't moral.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I recommend you read the rules of this forum.

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=75908

Due to their volatile and sensitive nature, we will not allow discussions related to abortion, religion, politics, or sex. Posts that don't meet these guidelines may be edited or deleted at the moderator's discretion.

Tell me how the mention of the President by name and his foreign policies are not political and Ill agree with you. Since you cant, I suggest you let this go.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Actually, you are off base here. Your post was NOT edited to promote ScHwErV's thought. Your post was edited to remove political references, which are not allowed on GeeksToGo.

From the Serious Discussion Guidelines

Due to their volatile and sensitive nature, we will not allow discussions related to abortion, religion, politics, or sex. Posts that don't meet these guidelines may be edited or deleted at the moderator's discretion.

From the Terms of Use you agreed to when you registered:

Religious and political messages are not permitted, including signatures.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
My mentioning of that was to related to propaganda, with no political intentions. It is common knowledge we see on the TV all the time. I never mentioned his policies. All I mentioned is what has happened over there.

Edited by MarkN, 13 August 2007 - 02:00 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Judgement call. Sorry, you're fighting a losing battle here.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
Definition of propaganda--1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.
Everybody is guilty of this, and her tinfoil hat comment is ignorance at best. No politics rules? Michael Moore is a political activist and all his movies are politically based, so why can he be mentioned or discussed? Oh Yeah one more thing, I know I am fighting a losing battle, it has been my experience with people in power that no matter if they are wrong or right, they are always right.

Edited by MarkN, 14 August 2007 - 10:23 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

No politics rules?

Our forum, our rules. Don't like it? Feel free to start your own.

Oh Yeah one more thing, I know I am fighting a losing battle, it has been my experience with people in power that no matter if they are wrong or right, they are always right.

Obviously, you don't learn from your experiences. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish? What's your end-game? Do you seriously think ScHwErV should be demoted from his admin and staff position because he used his best judgement to edit your post that violated our terms of use?

...her tinfoil hat comment is ignorance at best.

You will respect the admins of this site, and stop the inflammatory comments regarding staff, NOW. Or, you will not be allowed to participate here. BTW, she, is a he.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
Point proven and acknowledged..

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Oh Yeah one more thing, I know I am fighting a losing battle, it has been my experience with people in power that no matter if they are wrong or right, they are always right.

No politics rules?

Our forum, our rules. Don't like it? Feel free to start your own.

As admin said, if you don't like the rules here, feel free to start your own forum. I belong to many forums, and I have yet to see one that is a democracy. It's not a format that supports that kind of governing. If you think you can create one, more power to you. When you're running a site this large, with this many members, then it's necessary to create rules and enforce them as necessary, so yes, the people in power are always right. And you know what? Free speech is wonderful in our democracy, but there's not always a place for it on our boards. In order to maintain decorum, we find it necessary to impose censorship at times. I've seen boards where there is no censorship, and threads degrade to name-calling, obscenities, and general garbage. That's not the image that we would like to project.

...her tinfoil hat comment is ignorance at best.

You will respect the admins of this site, and stop the inflammatory comments regarding staff, NOW. Or, you will not be allowed to participate here. BTW, she, is a he.

Point proven and acknowledged..

So if the owner of the forums gives you rules to follow, that proves your point? As I stated above, we are free to censor where we feel it's appropriate. We censor language, we censor the type of discussions that can take place. We expect our members to treat the staff with respect. You may not feel it's earned, but I don't think you appreciate the amount of work that the admins and mods put into this site, and how hard it is to read and respond to 1,000,000+ posts, manage 200,000+ members, run one of the best online malware sites and training centers on the net, AND ensure that all of our users are safe from spam, flaming, foul language, and many other forms of inappropriate behavior. Whether or not you agree with how we run the site, every staff member here deserves respect for the time and effort they devote to this site.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I agree, but you should also follow your own rules.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I know of no instance in which we did not follow our rules.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I know of 2 just off hand ScHwErV called me an idiot(Which there is to be no name calling) and also made a statement about Michael Moore which would have been under the rule of no politics. Oh, and one more where he made reference to me needing some kind of tinfoil helmet. Which also is an insult and/or a reference to my intelligence. I am done with this thread because it is biased and unfair so please do not refer to me at all any more on this matter.

Edited by MarkN, 14 August 2007 - 12:26 PM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
"I started this, but I have no real argument, so now lets not talk about it"?

Michael Moore is not a politician, he will take any subject that he can make money from or get on the news about. Not just politics. His first works were about the GM plant in Flint - political? Now you are just making stuff up.

I find nowhere that I called you an Idiot. I used the word in a response to you, but I never called you an idiot. Actually, I used it in reference to Moore. Don't know how you got those confused.

Is this some kind of personal vendetta against me? For what reason?