Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

anti-virus

• Please log in to reply

mightybox

mightybox

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi guys
i have a problem with anti virus programs
i did try kaspersky,avg enz but all the virus programs say that the defenitions are out of date i dont know why even when i did update a minute ago the anti virus programs says that they are out of date can you help me??

greetz from holland

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I recommend you download and install the free version of AVAST HOME EDITION which I use and is excellent. You will have to give them your email address for them to send you an install-code, but it is free. I've never had a problem updating it.
Get it here: http://www.avast.com...ast_4_home.html

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Forgot to mention that AVAST now has what is called a 'WEB SHIELD'
which monitors web pages. But I found this to slow the web browser down a lot. So I disabled it in the program's options. You might want to do the same. Or if you do a 'CUSTOM INSTALL' you can stop the web-shield from installing by removing the tick next to it.

sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

I recommend you download and install the free version of AVAST HOME EDITION which I use and is excellent. You will have to give them your email address for them to send you an install-code, but it is free. I've never had a problem updating it.
Get it here: http://www.avast.com...ast_4_home.html

View Post

I agree with pip22. I have Avast set on auto update, and every day the blue box pops ups and the voice over the speaker tells me it has just been updated. Just make sure all your firewall and tools/io settings are correct.