Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Celeron 2.4/400fsb vs Pentium 4

• Please log in to reply

penglvr

penglvr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am buying a computer for my very young son for learning the computer, some games, nothing fancy is a celeron ok or should I invest in the pentium. I know it is 1/2 the speed but is it neccessary for games for a young kid.

Edited by penglvr, 13 April 2005 - 02:04 PM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Personally I would get the P4, no better yet I would get Amd but if you like Intel and the boy is young and this is for him to learn computers then the celeron would be ok to start out with because you can save some money.

Rick

moonofasa

moonofasa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
do you think a celeron 2.66 GHz would b ok for games such as battle field which needs at least a pentium 3 or many other games. Do you no whether it would stop you playing the games if you have all the other requirements that you need apart from the processor you have :tazz: thanx

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Yes a celeron will certainly play those games and anyother for that matter its mostly the video card you have.

I was merely pointing out that if I was going to purchase one that I would prefer a different core.

Rick