Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt File

• Please log in to reply

calluna

calluna

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a (fairly) new Lenova 3000 N100 laptop which runs on Windows Vista. I've been getting a message telling me this file (C:\Program files\common files\microsoft shared\equation) is corrupt and to rum the check disc application for about a week or so now. I've run the check disc and it doesn't do anything. It hadn't really been much of a problem other than the annoying message everytime I started my computer. As my trial version of whatever vista gives you for word has now expired I was trying to install Microsoft's Word 6.0 that my mom bought for her laptop onto mine. Just before the program finished installing I got an erorr message saying "Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Program files\microsoft shared\equation\mtextra.ttf. To verify that you have access to that directory." And gave me the options of Abort/Retry/Ignore. I clicked ignore on this message and all of the following messages (Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Program files\microsoft shared\equation\eqnedt32.hlp and Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Program files\microsoft shared\equation\eqnedt32.exe) Then "Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mircrosoft shared\equation\1033 Check to make sure that you have free disk space and write access to the drive you specified, and then make sure that a file with the same name does not already exist in the directory you specified." which then prompted me to close the installation wizard, which I did and before the wixard closed it showed "Internal Error 2330. 1392, C:\Program files\common files\microsoft shared\equation\1033"
Please Help!
Thank you so Much!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Word 6 is not compatible with Windows Vista. It is what's known as a 16-bit program (ie, very very very old) and 16-bit programs will not run on Vista. What makes them work has been removed in Vista.

Internal Error 2330 is not Googleable, but I would argue that the installer for Word 6 is not capable of running on Vista either.

calluna

calluna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Darn, Word 6 is really my favorite. Oh well. Thank You very much!