Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function

• Please log in to reply

brewhousegirl27

brewhousegirl27

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am having problems using windows explorer to write data to a cd. My drive seems to work fine with everything else, it will burn a cd and play or let me see data on any disc I put in but when I put in a blank cd I ask it to open writable cd folder using windows explorer it gives me the error E:\ is not accessible incorrect function. Three months ago this worked but now it is not can you tell me what I can do to fix this problem. I think it is weird cause I can make a data disc through my record now software but not with windows. Please help me. Thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
like the nickname

Anyway, odds are that there is a conflict between the two diskwriting programs.

I am unfamiliar with recordnow...I mean, I have seen it, but not used it...

Did you upgrade to Windows XP sp2? And if so, did you visit whomever sold you your PC and look for a RecordNow patch? I know that HP required one, not sure who made your PC

brewhousegirl27

brewhousegirl27

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you!

Yes I did upgrade to the sp2 but I had no problems after that. I have a Compaq Presario. Do you mean I could have a conflict between record now and windows explorer?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes...check COMPAQ (I would guess record now came with your machine) for an update for recordnow

brewhousegirl27

brewhousegirl27

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks I checked compaq and there is no patch.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I still think it is a conflict.

What do you know about regedit?

Start > run
regedit
enter

Navigate to the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\
CurrentControlSet\Control\Clas­s\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-080­02BE10318}

Select the key and export it to your desktop as bu.reg

now delete the

upper filters and lower filters keys

reboot.

See if that works. If not, double click bu.reg and say yes to merge into the registry

brewhousegirl27

brewhousegirl27

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok this key 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-080­02BE10318 I have like 20 of the same key do I go through each one and delete the lower and upper filters keys or just in the first one i see?