Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cpu trouble

• Please log in to reply

facethefury

facethefury

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, I just bought and intel core 2 duo e6300 processor with 1066mhz fsb. The motherboard i bought is an intel D945GCCR with 800mhz FSB along with 2gb of ddr2 ram. Is it a problem that the processor is higher than what the motherboard offers? I put it all together and when i tested it nothing shows up. The fans span but i dont get a signal on my monitor. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
That board does not support the CPU you have selected. RMA the CPU or the board if it has not been too late. Here is a list of compatable CPUs with the board you have bought: http://support.intel...b/CS-026626.htm.

facethefury

facethefury

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ya i guess ill return the motherboard and get a better one, it stinks cause my friend told me that it would work but i guess it wont....