Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help! Save me from Lotus Notes teh suxxz0r!

• Please log in to reply

geerhed

geerhed

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Oh man oh man.

Lotus Notes is...uh...hmm...awful. I can't believe this program hasn't gone the way of Fortran.

Nevertheless, my office uses Notes. I think it's mostly for the global-meeting arrangements.

I desperately want to use Outlook. I'm stuck with Outlook Express on my company computer.

1.) Is there a way to translate my Notes e-mails to Outlook (i.e. export some kind of archive file along the lines of .pst) for importation into Outlook? Is Express significantly different from Outlook in an important aspect?
I don't care about my Meetings or Contacts or Folder arrangements. I just started with Notes, so these are easily re-created.

2.) I'd like to use OE as my primary, so I assume I have to frequently sync the two, likely every other hour or so. Is there an easy way/not too cumbersome to accomplish this, given 1.) is possible?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Doug

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
From what I've read, only the 'paid for' Outlook has been successfully used with Lotus Notes for import/export of messages. Unfortunately, Outlook Express does not use a single 'pst' file for all data as Outlook does, using instead a separate 'dbx' file for each mail folder. Even where Outlook and Lotus can be made to understand each other, this is not without purchasing third-party conversion software, and it's not cheap since it's aimed at businesses.

If you wish to explore that avenue, look here: http://www.getfreeso...es2Outlook.html