Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan aftermath?

• Please log in to reply

Zarathax

Zarathax

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok first of all, i am doing the from another computer.

My other computer received a Trojan from a media player needed to play a media file i got from a torrent (stupid me) anyway i got the Trojan from it, and now the computer can not access the internet, because it is not receiving any packets, thanks fully i have had plenty of removal programs already, such as ad-aware, and Spy bot - Search and Destroy, which found the Trojan and deleted it.

Now the process the Trojan was running under, 2 of them, IEXPLORE.EXE, and when i closed one, another would appear, so there were 2 running and i couldn't close them fast enough, meaning they were running a loop on a critical process i couldn't close, anyway, the only effects i saw of the Trojan, was that i couldn't access the internet (through Mozilla, so i wasn't even using internet explorer for the fake processes) and now the process the Trojan were running are no longer, and im not detecting the Trojan anywhere, but my internet still isn't working,

When i check my connection, i can send packets, but not recieve them, maybe there is a setting somewhere or something that disables incoming packets, but theres nothing i can find,

any advice would be much appreciated!

Advertisements