Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

jodix rm to mp3 converter problems

• Please log in to reply

Alex_Ho

Alex_Ho

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi, I'm currently having trouble with converting my .rm files that i record from a streaming source via WM Recorder 11, to an mp3 file, by using the program Jodix RM to MP3 Converter. It was working fine for a couple of weeks, but then now all of a sudden when i go to convert the files, the converted file is in mp3 format but has no duration. RM to MP3 will still convert the file but it will simply become a really small mp3 file (about 500 bytes) with a duration of 0:00. I don't think it has anything to do with WM Recorder because the file that comes out is playable on real player, and works perfectly fine. If anybody has encountered this problem and or has a fix, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
At first I thought, simple, it's shareware and the trial period has expired. But then I checked and I see it is fact freeware. So all I can suggest at this stage is that you uninstall it then re-install it, preferably from a fresh downloaded copy. Note I said 'uninstall' before installing a fresh copy. That's important. Don't simply install a fresh copy over the old one as that won't always get rid of any corrupted files. As an extra safeguard, check to see if the parent folder has been left behind after uninstalling. If it has, manually delete it. Then install new copy.

Edited by pip22, 15 August 2007 - 09:13 AM.

Alex_Ho

Alex_Ho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
hi, thanks for the suggestion, but i was messing around with it again just now and noticed that the version of real player that my mom has is 11, which is the beta, so i uninstalled it, and installed 10, and it works now. So i'm guessing that was the problem even though the program says nothing about not working with real player 11..., thanks for taking the time to help.