Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hard drive Error

• Please log in to reply

networkz

networkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
yeah but i heard vaio doesnt cover magnetic damages or is it different?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Who ever said anything about magnetic damages? :whistling:

networkz

networkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
true but my friend said they can tell?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
I would really be interested how, just tell them the hard drive is faulty and it needs replacing. If they say anything about magnet errors then they are just a bunch of weirdo's who have nothing better to do than troll the G2G forums and guess who's problem is which computer they're trying to fix...

Otherwise, just find out how much, say thank you very much, take your computer back and buy another hard drive.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Also, it was working fine for two weeks, so it must be something else.

networkz

networkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
so i called sony's helpline their going to "process" it and ship me a box to ship my laptop to them and their going to fix it, im guessing no charges or whatever?

*crosses fingers* i shouldnt count my oranges right now before my laptop ships back perfectly~ =)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
It's a warranty, they should do it no charge. Maybe next time you talk to someone about it you can ask them "Is this going to cost me?" and if it is, tell them you can't afford it and they shouldn't do anything that they will charge you for.