Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ADSL router

• Please log in to reply

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi all,

I have a Linksys router which is ADSL2.

Can someone tell me the difference between ADSL2 & ADSL2+.

As i am ADSL1 and will be updating to ADSL2+, will this affect my download or capability to use the net???

Peter.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
First off, simply having an ADSL2 or 2+ router will not automatically give you increased bandwidth unless your ISP supports those new standards, but if your ISP does support them then you will benefit by having a higher bandwidth compared to what is possible with the original standard (ADSL1). The difference between ADSL1->ADSL2->ADSL2+ is mainly that of the ability to handle higher bandwidth/faster downloads and a 'cleaner' signal between exchange and your router -- particularly where old lines are being used or where you are 'on the borderline' as regards the maximum line length from your exchange.
http://forums.whirlp...DSL_modemS01_02

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
thanks for explaining it to me.

Peter.