Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What Comes After Intel Core 2 Quad

• Please log in to reply

m.j.boylin

m.j.boylin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, does any one know what will come after Intel Core 2 Quad. Thanks

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Quad isnt fast enough for you? :whistling:

m.j.boylin

m.j.boylin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i was just wondering

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Even further, the latest known codenames for future processors (perhaps based on a new post-Core microarchitecture) are Nehalem and Sandy Bridge (formerly known as Gesher), and little is known about either of them. Nehalem will be a 45 nm process debuting in 2008, followed by a 32 nm shrink codenamed Westmere (Nehalem-C), and Sandy Bridge will be 32 nm with a new microarchitecture debuting in 2010, provided that Intel stays on target with its roadmap.[35] In 2011, Intel will launch its first processor based on a 22 nm process. Based on Intel's cycle alternating new architectures and die shrinks every two years, it is currently assumed that this will be a shrink of Sandy Bridge.

Quote from this link: http://en.wikipedia....ture_processors

So it says very little is known about it. I'm interested also, I'm going to guess and say it will be 8 cores (double the quad).

m.j.boylin

m.j.boylin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it will probably be something like intel core 4 oct (what ever the word of eight is) at 3.0Ghz

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

it will probably be something like intel core 4 oct (what ever the word of eight is) at 3.0Ghz

AND I WANT ONE!!! :whistling: