Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Media Player 11 - No Audio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

staticVoid

staticVoid

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
hi, Recently my windows media player has stopped playing audio on any files I attempt to play.
I have reinstalled the driver for my sound card :- VIA AC97 and it is working fine.
If I play any media files on any other media player the audio is fine, Any solutions?

Advertisements

staticVoid

staticVoid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
When I reinstalled my sound card i also reinstalled some programes like powerdvd and adobe reader , there are some files that i am sure are missing from my system32 folder like windows sound recorder and i had to transfer the SndVol32.exe program from another PC because it was gone.

It's the same story with powerdvd - video with no audio , the only program that files seem to work on are K-Lite Media Player Classic.

I've tryed reinstalling wmp several times but no luck.

any help would be most appreciated.

staticVoid

staticVoid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Windows Media Player dosn't recognise any sound files apart from wav. etc - when i got into file>open and then click on file types there is no mp3, wma etc. ???

staticVoid

staticVoid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Resolved - http://www.bleepingc...php/t48445.html