Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Driver --- no clue!

• Please log in to reply

KickedTripod

KickedTripod

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I run an ASUS M2N motherboard - that has an onboard sound card... one morning when i woke up i booted up my computer and it said that "your audio configurations have changed please re-install SoundMax" simple enough i thought... So i put in my Motherboard disk, and the option to install the audio is NOT there... I tried the InstALL (to install the motherboard again) and it shuts my computer down after about 45 seconds of downloading. I try to find a website to download my version of soundmax from-- there is none... So i go into the actual Motherboard download CD and click drivers-audio and click set-up... It says "does not support this operating system: WNT_5.1H" I know my computer installed the 32bit version, so i clicked back, and clicked on 32bit, and clicked set up... I get the error message somewhere along the lines of "HDA driver is needed, but not found" after doing some research i found out that the HDA Driver is the high definition audio driver, and usually under the name kb888111.exe i found this file ON my computer, and ON the motherboard CD-- is it not detecting that file? so at a loss, i called ASUS finally, some lady on the phone tells me I need to go to the microsoft website and download the kb888111.exe file from their website... after about an hour of searching, i could not find the link to the website... So i'm still lost... Can somebody PLEASE Help me.. I am also available on MSN at [email protected] and AIM at KickedTripod.

Edited by KickedTripod, 15 August 2007 - 12:36 PM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Some audio drivers can be tricky to install because prior to the driver itself you have to install another file which is on the drivers cd. If you don't know which file, or if you don't know that such stupidity can exist in the first place, you can go nuts.

use My Computer to open the files on the disk and, as far as I remember, (I am not sure) look for something related to languages. Install English and see if you can install the driver now. I had this problem few months ago and without the help of the tech at the shop I would never find the solution.