Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DAEMON Tools + Internet (Big Problem)

• Please log in to reply

sasin

sasin

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Whad' up GtG!

Anyway, to make a long story short, downloaded Daemon Tools, went to go on the internet (Mozilla Firefox), suddenly Mozilla doesn't work, neither does IE, so I restart computer. Besides the typical error messages I get, another one came up and it looked like this.

"bxopcmw.dll" seemed to be missing or something of the sort.

Since THAT came up, and I can't go on the Internet, I kind of put 1 and 1 together and got a gigantic 2 with cancer. As a sponsored gamer, you can imagine how pissed and bored I am right now. It seems as soon as I downloaded Daemon Tools, this s**t suddenly happened. Does ANYBODY have this problem / know what to do about it? I've done a "System Restore to a previous date," didn't work, restarted my router, didn't work, unplugged + replugged the cables I usually do when the internet doesn't work... nothing.

I'm trying my best not to scream and moan, but I fear I may have to spend time with my family since I have nothing to keep me occupied, except maybe "Top Chef" or "South Park," so please, help me >_<!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
#1....go outside...take a walk....enjoy nature...you're looking a little pastie

#2...have you tried uninstalling daemon tools?

#3 do you have your windows disk? or access to one of the same type installed on your machine? (not a system restore disk...an actual windows disk)

sasin

sasin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
#1 I'm a lifeguard. I'm quite Tan actually :whistling:

#2 Yes, I uninstalled it, still nothing.

#3 I don't think I got a Windows Disk :blink:, unless my father is hiding it from me.

>_<;;

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

#3 I don't think I got a Windows Disk , unless my father is hiding it from me.

see if you can find pap's windows stash...if not you'll need to know if your system was originally SP2 or SP1 when it was installed and you'll have to see if you can borrow a windows disk of that type

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but I once had problems with my system after installing Daemon Tools. The problems continues even when I uninstalled it or did a system restore. What it turned out to be was that when you installed certain versions of Daemon Tools, it also installs something called SPTD--it's not spyware, just something needed for Daemon Tools. SPTD is not uninstalled when you uninstall Daemon Tools. So you have to download the SPTD installer and select "uninstall".

I downloaded it from here: http://disc-tools.com/download/sptd/

Hope this helps...

d.

sasin

sasin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah, I'll see Pop's stash when he comes home on time, for once T_T.

I wish I could download that onto MY computer, but I'll burn it on to a CD and see if it works, thanks.

EDIT: I just searched my drives for "SPDT" and two things came up. ISPDTone.HT_ as well as ISPDTone Firefox/HTML file. Should I get rid of those as well?

EDIT2: Pop says we've never had a "WINDOWS" disk T_T;; He isn't quite the wiz if you catch my drift. He thinks the wire to my computer from the router is dead or something. >_<. Let me burn the program real quick and see if that does the trick.

Edited by sasin, 16 August 2007 - 02:31 PM.

sasin

sasin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well, that bxopcmw.dll message, along with like a jb0821030123998213 w/e .dll message come up. That program didn't do anything :whistling:, internet still doesn't work.

I can't F10 System Restore since a Blue Message comes up on my scrren that says 00000000bx or something had a {Fatal System Error}, so an F10 System Restore is out of the picture.

This HAS to do with that bxopcmw.dll file. Ever since my computer got screwy, that message comes up and my internet doesn't work.

Also, when I was just opening programs to see if anything didn't work, it says LimeWire can't run since it's not connected to the internet because of a firewall / other issue. I DID have ZoneAlarm, but I got rid of that piece of junk like 2 months ago. Grrr

Edited by sasin, 16 August 2007 - 02:44 PM.

sasin

sasin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well, I think I'm going to do a Destructive Restore. Going to suck trying to re-install my new graphics card, again >_<! Sry GtG, didn't mean to stress any of you >_<!

sasin

sasin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
My dad changed some setting, so now I get a Menu when I reboot my computer that looks like this.

1: MENT
2: I382
3: WINDOWS

or type EXIT to boot. We can't TYPE exit since it stops after 1 character, so we type 3, hit enter, and it goes back to this menu.

We tried hitting F10 on start up, but a blue screen comes up and it says "00000000000xmcb" or something, and it's a {Fatal System Error}. It's not like I have the money to blow on a new computer T_T; Especially with my dad being poor.