Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Dvd burner Recently stopped burning

• Please log in to reply

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Yea im sad at the fact that i cannot burn DVD or even watch Dvd Movies

I See That It says that it is a CD-Rom and my dvd model is a HP dvd740b

whenever i try to rip my music from the lastest album i bought in winamp it even says it cant decode...

i contacted hp but they were trying to sell me stuff... so any ideas?

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
have you recently installed or uninstalled anything or changed any settings? and will it atleast recognize and play a music cd?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
when you bought the drive, did it come with a install CD to run with it, sometimes uninstalling that program form appwiz.cpl followed by reinstalling it does the trick,

also there maybe something up with the drivers so downloading them too and disinstalling/reinstalling from devmgmt.msc
http://h200003.www2....h...&taskId=135

there is also system restore which is overkill, and then there is the idea of using a different burning program, also I am shamelessly plugging VLC for playing media and DVDs since it knows most codexes
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Salku69

Salku69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I tried a system restore but it couldnt try to go back into the time it was very functional and also appwiz.cpl, i will try to uninstall and try it and see how it goes... but i cant find it right now...

and i have uninstall and reinstalled but it doesnt work

it says that it displaying as a cd rom