Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

300 page iPhone bills arriving

• Please log in to reply

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Apple has modified its products as it attempts to build greener computers, but I think they forgot to tell AT&T about their latest environmental efforts. This weekend a few AT&T subscribers received their first iPhone bill inside inch-thick packages.

Ars Technica writers were among the first to complain about the size of their first iPhone bill, which would surprised even the most heavy Treo or Blackberry user. Apparently, the bills were 30-50 pages long, detailing every data transfer made on both sides of each page, and since iPhone users have unlimited data plans, all the recorded transactions amounted to a big fat zero.

http://tech.yahoo.co...gs/hughes/17065

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
WOW ..... what a waste of paper :whistling:

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

WOW ..... what a waste of paper :blink:

Agreed :whistling:

Always have hated AT&T/Cingular, and always will!!!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I think it would be better if they just e-mailed a copy to you, and you had to pay if you wanted a printed version...

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
I agree with everyone that this would be a waste of paper - In my opinion, AT&T should NOT be that detailed with every single usage of the phone. Why would it have to be so detailed? If I got a 300 page bill I would take Pages that have to do with what I OWE off the top and RECYCLE the rest - I have detailed billing on my plan, but the bill is only 5-7 pages back to back If there was a reason to have 300 pages, it would cost more to mail the bill to X number of subscribers then they would make on the service EEEK!!!

Thank God that my cell Carrier isn't THAT detailed, or I would raise the roof off :whistling:

Brian

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts

I think it would be better if they just e-mailed a copy to you, and you had to pay if you wanted a printed version...

From September 28th you will (should) only get them in this format if you pay 1.99 a month

Krazy_Geek

Krazy_Geek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
dangggggggggggggggggggggggggg i guess they dont know how/where peper comes...