Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headphones not loud Enough on Computer

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Today I bought myself a pair of Sony MDR-XD100 's . I read online that sinse they are big headphones you need a constant power supply for it to work well. I tried it with my Zen Mp3 and it works fine, not the LOUD-est but fine. I tried with my boombox and it's perfect, very loud. Now I connected to my computer via the GREEN JACK and the sound is very quiet, even with all controls up. Theres three jack in my computer Green, Pink and Blue. Pink is for mic, and the headphones don't work on Blue either. I have a SIS 7012 Series Audio Controller and something to do with C-media AC97. Please help, I know its a problem with my computer.

Ps. I have some XEAR XD thing installed. I've been fiddling around but no help.

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Ok. So Basically I have three audio jacks: Microphone, Line In, & Line Out. My Speakers go in the Line Out, the speakers are also connected to a power outlet. When connecting my headphones to the Line Out jack, the volume is really low. So I don;t have a headphone jack in my comp, what can I do? Are there softwares or something that could fix this? I also have a headphone jack on my CD Recorder, but I don't think that would work with computer audio..

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I think I need a headphone Amp, as I don;t have a headphone jack, only a line out. Where can I buy or get one. How much do Headphone Amp's cost?