Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my sound dont work

• Please log in to reply

pytis

pytis

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
ok my sound doesint work for my computer. when i had linux it did work but now it doestint. i tries speakers and head-phoes but on the sound and audio devices properties it says no audio device. it seems weird i dont have a instalacin cd for my sound card. i dont even know what my soud card name is. (dont know where its located in my pc) its a gaming pc and my sound doesint work!! this sux!!. plz help.

PS. i just instaled new parts to my computer before i instaled windows.
PPS. my firefox browser is runing unusuly slow since i instaled XP

Advertisements

jef+pal106

jef+pal106

• Pip
  • 6 posts
do you format the hard drive? i mean before experiencing this prob thus the hard drive came form a fresh format then encountered the sound prob?

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
yep

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Sounds like you need to load the sound card driver.
If your sound card is not integrated into the motherboard (ie its a PCI card), then you could remove the card & look for a make/model number on it. Go to manufacturers website & download driver.

If it is integrated, find your motherboard make & model, go to their website & download driver

If none of this works, it could be a resourse conflict issue. But don't worry about that until you've tried the above suggestions first.

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
ok i tried something i took out all my hardware from my computer but i could not find any make/model for my motherboard but on the botom of the pc it said what make/model the computer was and the motherboard came with the computer
ita a shuttle xpc backbone SS56G so i went to shuttle.com and dounloded all the drivers for my pc model, i instaled it but nothing hapened... no sound i rebooted....
no sound the volume control doesint even open it says theres no mixing devices avalable. so someone help...please.

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
here http://www.sisoftwar...264&langx=en&a=

download and install this program it will identify all your hardware and then u can go download yourself the drivers.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
When you first installed XP (or at any point since) did windows detect the sound card at all? (Often detects as a multimedia device rather than sound card).

Look in device manager & tell me if :

1. There are any multimedia devices installed & if so, does XP report them as functioning or as having a problem?

2. Are there any unknown devices listed in device manager (these will normally have a yellow exclaimation mark next to them)

If the answer to all of the above questions is NO, then check in the bios to see if audio device has been disabled (this assumes your s/c is integrated, which it probably is)

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
everythings perfect i dont need any more help thanks to all that responded