Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop charger

• Please log in to reply

fairdinato

fairdinato

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
For some reason over the past week my laptop charger has been really inconsistent. Sometimes I have to really fiddle with the end after I've plugged it in to charge my laptop up. Bit of hassle if I want it on the move, as you'd expect with a laptop! It only charges if in one position but towards the end of the week its been harder to find this position. Anyways I've got an Acer Aspire 3502WLMi and wondering how much a new charger would be? Or can you use other Acer chargers cos my dads old laptop was an Acer and he still has the charger for it.

Thanks for the help

John

edit - My mate who had the same problem said it could be something to do with the pin INSIDE the laptop. Sounds expensive if it is that!

Edited by fairdinato, 17 August 2007 - 10:38 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Your mate is right. it might be the connection on the computer side. Regarding the old charger, look what voltage it supplies. If it's like yours and if the connection is identical to yours, you can try to use it. If that doesn't help then you better take the computer to a decent lab.