Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

big problem with new PC ... pls help me !

• Please log in to reply

alexoklol

alexoklol

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hy there,

i recently bought a new PC and i have a big problem with it ...

My Specs are :

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4
Kingmax 1 Gb DDR2 800mhz
XILENCE 500 W PSU
Palit daytona 7900GS 256mb 256 bites
WD 250 GB SATA 2 HDD 16 mb Buffer
Creative Audigy SE
Logitech Z-5500 Digital

when i enter demanding applications or games ( ex. Black & White 2 , Overlord, Flatout 2, etc ) my PC just freezes up or the BSOD appears ... ( blue screen ) and the PC needs a reset after that :blink:

Sometimes even when i'm not doing anything demanding in the WINDOWS Xp SP2 the PC does the same thing :help:(( please help .. i Really need it :help:(

Also here is my health Check error from HD Tune ... i Don't know what it means ...

Attached Thumbnails

• Zeus.JPG

Edited by alexoklol, 17 August 2007 - 02:47 PM.

Advertisements

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Someone more experienced, correct me if i'm wrong, but, in my experience, failing a test in HD Tune, usually indicates a terrible problem in your hard disk.
Is your computer still under warranty?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
SMART Status is not the be all and end all of the condition of a hard drive, its nothing more than a best guess. On occasion it can be a false alarm.

In any case the attribute being flagged up is the Spin-Up Time - the avverage time of spindle spin up (from zero RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) to fully operational). Active SMART shows the raw value of this attribute in milliseconds or seconds.

If the machine is under warranty, then use it. Take it back and explain the scenario.