Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Last Saved by...

• Please log in to reply

spykoss

spykoss

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sup,

I've been accused of editing someone's school project on the schools computer network. It was a bitmap image.
I need to know if it's somehow possible to view the "Last Saved By" attribute of a bitmap image? Can I somehow just
use normal Windows Explorer or is there any piece of software I can use to view such info?

Thanks
Spykosss

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you're on a school network that gives you your own usernames etc to log on and do work...the school's IT staff would have to have enabled certain logging features in the location where the file was stored

if you're on a machine that has just one username that everyone uses...then the best you could get was a time of last modification (but that wouldn't neccessarily be accurate because they had to "modify" the file to open it to see that it was messed up) and hope that you were out of town at the time

spykoss

spykoss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hehehe, unfortunately I wasn't outa town according to the "Last Modifued" time on the file. I was in class with another 6 ppl who have way-below-average computer knowledge so that leaves me as the most probable suspect!!

But you do have a point as to the other case though. I'd have to have rights to the persons documents and I dont...I think. So I plead NOT GUILTY and propose they look who has other than the owner of the documents, has rights to the folder.

Thank for the guidanc bro!

Peaceee
Spykoss