Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BEEEEEEP on my new computer!

• Please log in to reply

mb121

mb121

• Pip
  • 1 posts
AMD 6000+

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo

EVGA 8800GTS vcard

I just assembled the whole thing and whenever I try to boot up the screen is black and I hear a constant "beeep" sound (just one long beep that never stops).

What do I do?

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I have heard of this happening. It means the video card has come loose or become bad. They say to:
1. Check that the video card is pushed in all the way, if pushed in then take out the video card and put it back in. (But have the computer off when doing this.)

2. Try a different card if wont work

3. Try a different monitor

Let me now if it works.

Edited by jackflash1991, 18 August 2007 - 01:12 AM.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
from looking at the motherboard specs you should have onboard video. have you tried removing the 8800GTS video card (and any other non-essential addon cards) from the pc then clearing the CMOS then just connecting your monitor to the onboard video and starting up? if not I'd give that a shot. also, make sure your power supply meets the minimum requirements for the 8800GTS video card. the requirements are Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply. (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amp Amps.) Make sure you your RAM is securely seated and is compatible with your mobo. hope this helps some.

good luck

carljh74

carljh74

• Pip
  • 1 posts
can you tell me what the beeps stand for,one beep,two beeps and so on. i have a a8n-sli premium asua mobo.