Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Missing DDL's

• Please log in to reply

niceguyfu

niceguyfu

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I removed(uninstalled) Symantec system works 03..and also,by mistake.. shared files....now Yahoo mail,Juno mail and Hotmail emails do not work.When I open each of them to check for mail.. Yahoo is blank(my default setting),Juno shows date mail was delivered and Hotmail I cannot open any incoming mail.
How do I find the shared files so I can restore my emails?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
How did you uninstall symantec, using just it's uninstall routine...if so, the easiest way is to reinstall it.

niceguyfu

niceguyfu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
gerryF...thank you..
I manually uninstalled it thru add/remove programs first then went to symantec site to get instructions how to remove the rest off my machine....I no longer have the disc to install it....

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
What I meant, and it's my fault for not making it clear, did you just delete the entire

C:\Program Files\Common Files

folder, or did you delete the Symantec folder within that folder

niceguyfu

niceguyfu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
No I deleted the Symantec folder within that folder.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
hmm, did you install the AV portion of System Works?

niceguyfu

niceguyfu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
That I cannot tell you.. Whatever was installed on my pc from the program disc came from Norton systemworks 03..
I gather whatever shared files I deleted one or more altered all my email to some degree...they all worked fine till I completely removed Norton
i checked for spyware and virus also..all is fine!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You know, I think we're wasting our time going down this path...the issue is not symantec being gone, but getting your email, right?

Let's start with this, download the following and install:
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Next, go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS< SECURITY tab, set it to default, and PRIVACY tab, and set it to default.

Reboot

Try your email

niceguyfu

niceguyfu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I downloaded from Windows what you directed me to do..and it worked! all 3 mail accounts are working...Thank you very much!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Yes, I figured it would....I got so caught up in the process you described that I lost track of the symptoms....