Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Myspace

• Please log in to reply

vicious_h3art

vicious_h3art

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
So, I have seen many tutorials on this but they all seem to be missing info. Like do I put a different code in each pic caption? I tried to put a background in and it just shows up as a little pic right below the picture caption where I put it. I want to add a background and stuff. Help!

Advertisements

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Try asking in the official myspace forum itself. There are more myspace HTML experts there, than here.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try using MySpace's New Profile Editor. You must be logged in and using Internet Explorer until they get this working for all browsers.

Please checkout the Help Menu as there are many tools available and too many people come back and post that they couldn't do it.

Ron

Voyager_One

Voyager_Two

Edited by Major Payne, 18 August 2007 - 05:22 PM.

vicious_h3art

vicious_h3art

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
yea.. that profile editor is so basic. it doesnt really give me the option im looking for. i think that its impossible to edit ur pics page now that they added the albums.... :whistling:

vicious_h3art

vicious_h3art

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
seriously, im not one of those ppl who don't know what theyre doing. check out what i did to my blog.... http://www.myspace.com/vicious_intent

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Well, I found a lot of tools and options for editing an entire MySpace page with the Profile Editor. Your other option is to go to one of the many MySpace sites that have all those fancy layouts and online generators to use.

Ron

vicious_h3art

vicious_h3art

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
been there done that. they all have the same tutorial lol. i guess im just destined to have the same old view pics page. *sigh*

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Ugh, I hate Myspace. I made an account on it the other day to play with CSS, and they don't let you do anything useful on it..

vicious_h3art

vicious_h3art

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
i used to really "pimp" my pro, but now i just use a layout generator. I dont have time for all that, but i do however; want to customize my pic page!

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Well, where abouts on your pics page would you put the CSS?

Advertisements

vicious_h3art

vicious_h3art

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
supposedly in the captions, but i havent gotten it to work. Like I put in some coding for a background pic into the caption of my first pic.
the "background" i added turned out as small as a regular picture and showed up right under my picture where the caption should have been.
NOT A BACKGROUND!!
so frustrating.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Ugh, I hate Myspace. I made an account on it the other day to play with CSS, and they don't let you do anything useful on it..

MySpace has its own way to code for their pages. Like the pound sign (#) is not used for {color: xxxxxx;} . You have to read the tutorial on how to code CSS for their pages.

Ron

vicious_h3art

vicious_h3art

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Most of the tutorials are pretty straight forward, but this photo page one is a mystery to me. The directions are so vague. I dont think anyone really knows how to do it.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I would try, but can't at this time with 2 and possibly another web site under construction.

Ron

vicious_h3art

vicious_h3art

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Lol, its all good Ron. I'll find it out one of these days. I'm too curious not to.