Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help: very slow screen re-draw

• Please log in to reply

Wol

Wol

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
My computer has suddenly started redrawing the screen only about twice a second: dragging a window produces a multiple window trail, and scrolling a pane moves in a series of jerks.

I've run antivirus - Zonaalarm security suite - and others to no avail. Is it something that's changed in the settings? The performance is only running at 6 - 10% on Ctrl>alt>Del.

Just started yesterday.

Thanks

P4 3.2Ghz, 2.5Gb RAM, XP Home

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
I would try to reinstall or update the drivers for your video card. It sounds like they have become corrupted.

Edited by cmw2010, 18 August 2007 - 08:24 PM.

Wol

Wol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Thanks for that: I went out today for six hours and when I returned the screen redraw was back to normal!

The only thing I had done before going out was uninstall SetiAtHome: perhaps that was eating up too much power, even though it was told not to? Yet still.... the %age CPU use showed nothing like 100%.

Edited by Wol, 19 August 2007 - 05:49 PM.