Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows host process (rundll32)

• Please log in to reply

devildogwillbur

devildogwillbur

• Pip
  • 3 posts
evertime i open Internet Explorer i get a window internet explorer security message windows host process (RUNDLL32) that askes me to allow or don't allow. Now is this something i can get rid of, or will this effect my computer in any way if i allow it? i also can click the do not show me this warning for this program again box. :whistling: what do i do? ive tryed a few things someone told me to get ride of limewire and norton so i uninstalled them and i downloaded free avg virus and spyware. i ran both of them and cleaned up alot of crap restarted and i still get the same thing plz help

Edited by devildogwillbur, 18 August 2007 - 06:38 PM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

devildogwillbur

devildogwillbur

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i didnt realize anyone wrot me back this is the first time i used geekstogo.com but... well i looked into a little more i dont know if this was the problem but i dont get the error messages anymore.
i just got ride of this using removeIt pro you get a 15day free trial. could you let me know if that might have been the problem.

the program is:
gzmrotate.dll - Dangerous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gzmrotate.dll
Gzmrotate.dll is AdRotator/IconAds Adware.
Related files:
%local_settings%\ temp\ 11-9df8e247b1ab6e4ea9303b15294a3428.exe
%local_settings%\ temp\ s11k..exe
%PROGRAM_FILES%\ COMMON FILES\ SLMSS\ slmss.exe
%SYSTEM%\ adrot-uninst.exe
%SYSTEM%\ adrotate.dll
%SYSTEM%\ adrotate1.dll
%system%\ adspipe.dll
%SYSTEM%\ brrotate.dll
%system%\ cpmrotate.dll
%SYSTEM%\ drivers\ csrss.exe
%system%\ mwsvm.exe
%system%\ mwsvm.ocx
%SYSTEM%\ nodeipproc.dll
%SYSTEM%\ uninsticn.exe

devildogwillbur

devildogwillbur

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i also did a scan with the removeit pro trial and i found the following
9:56:20 AM: Infected file (Win32.Unknown.Random.X) c:\windows\modps2key.exe
9:56:20 AM: Infected file (Sys32.aupd) C:\Users\?\AppData\Local\Temp\aupd.exe
9:56:20 AM: Infected file (Sys32.setup) C:\Users\?\AppData\Local\Temp\setup.exe
9:56:20 AM: Infected file (Sys32.whcc-trafe5) C:\Users\?\AppData\Local\Temp\whcc-trafe5.exe
9:56:20 AM: Infected file (Sys32.adssite-remove) C:\Windows\system32\adssite-remove.exe
9:56:20 AM: Infected file (Sys32.bae) C:\Windows\system32\bae.dll
9:56:20 AM: Infected file (Sys32.msnav32) C:\Windows\system32\msnav32.ax
9:56:20 AM: Infected file (Sys32.showwnd) C:\Windows\showwnd.exe
10:02:00 AM: Infected file (Sys32.bae) C:\google\bae.dll
10:07:58 AM: Infected file (Sys32.aupd) C:\Users\?\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\aupd.exe
10:12:27 AM: Infected file (Sys32.bae) D:\i386\Apps\App000179\bae.dll
10:12:29 AM: Infected file (Sys32.bae) D:\i386\Apps\App000333\bae.dll

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
devildogwilbur,

Sorry, I didn't get an email reply to this. If you still think you're having problems, then include a hijackthis log in this thread. While it seems like you cleaned up a lot of issues, it's hard for me to say if everything is okay when I can't get more information than this.

sari

Edited by sari, 21 September 2007 - 02:59 PM.