Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My pictures/recieved files tabs

• Please log in to reply

bogged

bogged

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have recently upgraded to winxp, from win98se. My problem is when I click on START->DOCUMENTS there is no DOCUMENTS,MY PICTURES or MY RECIEVED FILES tabs, like there was in win98.

If I want to get to MY PICTURES etc, I have to right click the START button and go through explore. Is there a way I can get those icons back like they were in win98?

Hope I explained this well enough.

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Put your mouse cursor on the Start button and right click on it and then choose properties, make sure that you have Start Menu selected and not Classic Start menu.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
To continue with cmw2010's, click the Customize button on the Start Menu tab, then select the Advanced tab. Scroll to My Documents and check the box Display as a Menu. Not going to be like Win 98, but will allow you to get to the My Documents items. Another way is to right-click on the bottom Toolbar, then select Toolbars from slide out menu. Click on New Toolbar, then choose the My Documents folder.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 18 August 2007 - 09:36 PM.