Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help choosing parts

• Please log in to reply

Xtense

Xtense

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright, well I am building a new PC and I need helping in choosing parts. It will be used for video editing and gaming, but not the highest-end. I want it to be between the $500 and $950 range. Both Intel and AMD are fine, but I prefer nVidia over AMD. I need everything except:

Monitor
Speakers
Mouse/Keyboard
No hard drives > 320GB
Operating System

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and help with configurations would REALLY be nice.

Thank you!

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
OK well I would go with any Core 2 Duo, an Nvidia 7600GS, at leas 1GB of RAM, and the PSU we can figure out last.

What do you mean by

No hard drives > 320GB

Do you want me to suggest one lower then 320GB or not at all?

Edited by jackflash1991, 20 August 2007 - 12:24 AM.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Sorry I did not give you that much help when I last posted. It was late.

OK what kind of games? give some examples of games so I can see how high you will be going. DirectX 9 or 10?

And do you overclock?

PS: "Recommendations for building the right enthusiast's PCs", This might give you some ideas: http://techreport.co...07/index.x?pg=1

Edited by jackflash1991, 20 August 2007 - 01:55 PM.