Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP FREQUENT FREEZING

• Please log in to reply

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Alright so i'm new at this whole forum thing but all of a sudden my computer is freezing every lets say 15-20 min and i've had it up to here. i use shaw secure and it tells me i have no viruses no spywear, as well as i've defraged or whatetever my computer and i'm just about ready to buy a new one ugh anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
that's not much info...

Freeze, and what? Do you need to restart your computer? Or does it unfreeze?

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc

Look under applications and system for Red Xs that occur when the computer freezes. Report back

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Alright so first off i do have to restart my computer from the tower as i cannot do anything on my screen and i went to the aplication error page and almost all of teh red errors halfta do with F-secure antivirus and something else called ESENT so should i unistall this antivirus, it was provided by shaw..?
HELP!

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
and under system the errors apear with service control manager as well as ACPI i have no idea what either of those are... im pretty much a computer retard:|

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Yes, I would uninstall f-secure....

Esent is part of windows update

type

Start > run
services.msc

Find windows update, double click and for now set start up type to DISABLE

Does that make things better?

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
is it windows update or should it say automatic updates?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
auto...sorry, I'm running on fumes right now and can barely keep my eyes open....

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
thats alright, well i tryed those and it hasent seemed to help i'm still restarted every oh 3 min or so

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ACPI what is that?, and why is it erroring thats what the most recent are...

budd1211

budd1211

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Could be a hardware issue, Check in the bios during restart( computer will say for example press f2 to enter setup. chekc all the hardware bios and make sure they are all ok. Just had a problem like this and the problem was a broken piece of the fan that cools down the processor, so the fan wasn't working and as soon as the processor overheated, it froze up. hope this helps

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well i'm taking it in tomorrow i think i need a bios update at least thats what microsoft is telling me and my buddy will do it for free and have a look at the fans and such so i'll let yea know tomorrow night what the diagnosis is and whether i'll be purchasing a new computer :tazz: ;)