Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NWN expansion disk play problems

• Please log in to reply

Junkman

Junkman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi, I just bought Neverwinter Nights Deluxe Edition, which is the original plus the two official expansions: the original on three disks in one box; the expansions each on one CD, together in one box. I give these details because they may be relevant when you hear the problem. I can install it all without any problem. When I try to play the base version before adding exp's, no problem. But when I add Shadows of Undrentide, when I try to play it, it asks for "SoU Play disk." There is of course only one SoU disk, and that it already in the CD drive, so I try Retry. No luck. So I try the original NWN play disk, doesn't work either. So I tried installing HotU, and exactly the same thing happened, it asks for the "HotU Play disk." So I'm either missing a disk (or two) or, more likely I think, it's failing to recognise the disks it's supposed to be registering.
So, any ideas? If this has happened to me, on a new system and with a fresh install without any mucking around, I think it must surely have happened to some other people. I could of course search for a no-CD crack, but I'd rather find a legitimate solution. That being said, if anyone happens to know where I can find a crack, and there are no better ideas, please let me know (I won't really feel bad about the illegality of the crack when I have bought the games legally).

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Try updating the game. I believe they removed the "check disk" feature in one of the later patches. Since you installed the hotu, you will need to manually install the patches.

http://nwn.bioware.c...port/patch.html

Edited by starjax, 20 August 2007 - 06:58 AM.

Junkman

Junkman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Yes, that did it. Am I an idiot for not having tried that myself? Perhaps....
Thanks Starjax