Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spoolsv.exe

• Please log in to reply

Xtense

Xtense

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, I have been checking through to see what has been slowing my PC down lately and I have noticed that every time I open Task Manager, and go to Processes, one program sticks out. spoolsv.exe on my user name (not SYSTEM). It randomly starts taking a toll on things and slowing me down massively, especially when I am using something with the internet or video. Any one have the slightest idea what is wrong?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Info on spoolsv.exe. Check to see if you have any print jobs still waiting. If none, you may have malware and I recommend you go to the Malware section of this forum and follow the instructions at the top. Especially the Click Here link. That will give you several steps that will help you clean up most of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the cleanup process you are still having difficulty, and you may not be, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Please be patient as the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the Malware Section, please return to this thread. Please do not post a HiJackThis log in this thread unless asked to do so and then only as an attachment. To attach log, when requested, either change the .log extension to .txt, or put the log into a compressed (zipped) folder.

Please post back if your problem has been solved.

Ron