Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i format my computer.. but....

• Please log in to reply

tjcoolit

tjcoolit

• Pip
  • 5 posts
but i dont know what kind of programs should i install, and my system crash when im trying to run a program, so i decided to uninstall that program, my question is dont know what kind of programs should i install and to make my PC run faster..

im not using my laptop because it has a virus, or spyware or whatsoever, hijack something like that, im afraid to use is u know..uhm i dont know how to fix it, can u help me?,,

ill be gladly waiting for your reply guyz. :whistling:

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What sort of computer is the one you fotmated? can you give us some details?

After reformat you must install hardware drivers which you should have on a disk or download from the motherboard's manufacturer's site. If your video and sound cards are add-ons (not parts of the motherboard) you have to install them too. Download and install all windows updates.

To see if you have all necessary drivers installed go to Control Centre > System > Hardware > Device Manager. You must not have any yellow questions mark there. If there is, the driver is missing.

These are the basics. All other programs are to your choice.

Before you go anywhere on the internet install your antivirus and update it immediately.

Regarding your laptop: please post your topic in the malware forum (a link in my signature below). First of all take all the preliminary steps. After the people from the malware forum confirm that the computer is clean, and if the problem persists, post back in this forum. It might take some time because they are quite busy there.