Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB Mouse can't work after reformatting

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
My friend reformatted his Acer Aspire 5580 and now whenever he connects his USB cable mouse he can't use it. Is there a driver that he is missing after reformatting?

Advertisements

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi there,
Windows should recognise the usb mouse as plug and play, however, he should reinstall the software from the cd that came bundled with it !

If he hasnt got the installation cd, i am sure the mouse manufacturer will have all the relavent drivers and updates required to get the mouse up and running again.

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
It seems like his plug and play software or driver or whatever you call it was removed as well.

The only CDs he's got are the recovery disks. I do not know how to help him recover with the disks.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Does any other USB device work? in the port?
Do you have the USB ports installed?

Go to start/ run and type in devmgmt.msc and see if you have USB's.