Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Processor

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I've been aiming to get a newer processor in my machine, currently running an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 E6300. I was intending on grabbing an E6700 when the price dropped from it's initial #500, which it has. But now I see an Intel Chip E6750. It looks like a better chip for it's Front side bus, and it has the same features from what I am looking at, but why is it cheaper, and would it still be compatible? Which of the two is better. Thanks

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
The 6750 is cheaper so that they can push them on to the market. They have it set up now so it doesn't make since to buy some of their older models. Only certain boards will accept the 1333mhz FSB. What kind of mobo do you have?

Edited by Titan8990, 21 August 2007 - 12:44 PM.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
It's a Dell MOBO, but I know it's an NVidia chipset

I think it's: Dell Inc. 0UY253

Thanks,

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
From what my google search turned up that has a Nvidia nForce 590 chipset. This will not allow a 1333mhz FSB. Sometimes there are BIOS updates that allow things like this but it is not likely with a Dell board.

Edited by Titan8990, 21 August 2007 - 08:51 PM.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks, so it is a better chip, just costs less, it was a little unusual when I looked at it and wanted a second opinion. thanks, :whistling: