Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Revert to XP on pre-vista-installed CPU

• Please log in to reply

csphere

csphere

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Let me make this quick. I'm doing online classes at a vo-tech school, and class started yesterday when my PC broke down.... Now I'm sitting here with a new PC (great), but there is a problem... The Online Classroom needed to do my work requires that I'm running Windows XP, and so does the software I need for my CIS courses. So I format the entire HD, ridding it of Vista, I partition it, and fully install Windows XP onto the partitioned D drive, and immediately reinstall Vista on the C drive.

C(Vista): 200Gb
D ( XP ): 70Gb
Funused)200Gb

When I boot Windows XP, everything seems to be perfect, other than the fact that my "Local Area Connection" is /not there/, meaning that the hardware is not being recognized. Here is what I /have/ done:

-Activated all Networking Services
-Tried the Device Manager(Ethernet Controller listed with a "?")
-Used the New Connection Wizard in every way possible.
-Tried to find drivers on my alternate PC.

>>>>>>THE QUESTION<<<<<<<

On a Gateway GM5474 ( http://www.gateway.c...tail/gm5474.php ), how in the world am I supposed to make Windows XP recognize the Ethernet port?

Can this 64x system only run correctly using Vista?

I need HELP!! Omg pls help
>>>If DXDIAG is needed let me know!<<

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Don't know for sure if this is the correct driver, but it might be worth a try.

csphere

csphere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
that's interesting because I couldn't find anything compatable with both windows xp and my computer model on the marvell site or the gateway site.

:whistling:

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Did that link take you to the driver? It did not when I just clicked on it. The only lists I searched for were PC Connectivity and Windows XP, then it will find a driver for the Marvell card.

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
if your xp is 64 bit

http://www.start64.c...o...&Itemid=107