Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

You MUST read this before post a HijackThis log

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please post only HiJackThis logs in this Hijack This Log forum (click here). A staff member will be along to review your log and give you assistance. Please have patience while waiting for a response, the staff team will get to your problem as soon as possible. If you are not sure whether or not a HJT log is needed please post a new topic in the Spyware/Adaware/Viruses forum.

For more information on HJT Logs, please click here

Posted Image Steps required prior to posting your log: (help us to help you) <_<
1. First download and run Ad-aware: Click Here to download
Click the "aawsepersonal.exe" icon and install. Be sure the full system scan, and update tick boxes are checked. When finished scanning, mark everything for removal and get rid of it. (Right-click the window and choose Select All from the drop down menu and click Next).

2. Install ALL Windows critical updates: Click Here

3. If you don't have any anti-virus software on your system, install AVG's very good free version: Click Here. More free tools here

4. Please do not post your logs in someone else's thread. Start a new thread by clicking on New Topic. Do not post your problems into other open logs saying "I have the same issue, here is my log" etc. This gets really confusing for everyone involved. Also, please stay with your original topic when posting follow ups.

5. The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with e.g. WinTools, http://...sp.html etc. Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections.

6. Tell us if you're having any problems, and please be specific. Let us know what you've already done to fix it (if anything).

7. If you do not understand a step, do not panic, simply ask for direction and information. We will offer any advice necessary to help you.

8. Please only post your topic once. Duplicate posts will be closed, and just create additional work for the staff members trying to help you.

Please acknowledge in your post that you've followed these required steps prior to posting--or we'll likely refer you to this topic.

If you would like to help us in reading HJT logs and would like to become a member of the staff, please click here

Thanks!
Geeks to Go Admin team

Advertisements

rain4

rain4

• Pip
  • 5 posts
<_< im so glad to have come here and found an answer to my ? about popups and stuff right away... now here is my ?.... before i download adware, do i need to disable my norton internet security and my norton anti virus? or do i leave them running while im downloading it and setting it up... sorry to probably ask such an "obvious" ? maybe for some... but well, i need the answer... ty in advance.. rain4

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You shouldn't need to disable Norton Antivirus or Firewall. <_<

spingalli

spingalli

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< from spingalli, thank you very much!!!!

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Before posting a log you should also run Spybot, which is a great detect and remove program, like Ad-Aware.

It catches many things that Ad-Aware does, but it it also catches a few things it doesn't.

These two tools together make a great team.

Also make sure you tell us what your problem is <_<