Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps shutting off...by itself.

• Please log in to reply

vampirate

vampirate

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well... that's what it does. It keeps on shutting off by itself.
And I'm not doing much, just have one or two programs on and suddenly it shuts off. And when I try to restart the computer once it has shut off, it turns on for a second or two, the shuts off again. This keeps on happening until it finally it turns on completely. And then I just keep on playing. But lately it has been getting more and more annoying. Keeps turning off more and more frequently. I remember when the computer didn't used to turn off. :whistling:
I mean, it does not even ask to shut itself down not even to save things.
I think its either because its over heating/ or its using too much memory/worms/viruses etc. I really don't know why its doing this (partly because I don't know anything about computers).

So with that said, does anyone know why my computer is doing this? :blink:

Oh yeah, two more things:

1) Does anyone know how to fix this? [pic below]

Posted Image
The Data of the error report is:
Posted Image
The Technical Information about the error report is:
Posted Image

And...

2)Every time anyone logs into their computer account (this is a family computer) the desktop or anything shows up. The only way it shows up is by pressing the shortcut key to bring up the task manager (alt+ctrl+del) and press "My Documents" so the desktop and everything else shows up. And when it does, a window pops up:
Posted Image

I think that has something to do with it. ^

Edited by vampirate, 26 August 2007 - 12:13 AM.

Advertisements

vampirate

vampirate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
help D:

vampirate

vampirate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts