Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to install QuickTime on windows millenium

• Please log in to reply

klockdoc

klockdoc

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Hello,
I have Windows ME on my computer. Pentium III 127.0 M ram. I tried to download QuickTime 7.2, but it states that I need to have Win XP or Vista. When I tried to download Sevice Pak 4 ( it said that this is neded to download 7.0 for WIN 2000) to update my system, I get another error message, "The SP4EXPRESS_EN.EXE file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLLstrstr"

I thought maybe QUickTime 5.0 might work, but, cannot locate tha old of a file. Any Suggestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Service Pack 4 is designed for Windows 2000 only. It will not run on Windows ME.

The last version of QuickTime for Windows ME is version 6 which you can get here:
http://www.oldversio...php?n=quicktime

if you really need Quicktime 7, the only resolution is to move to Windows XP.

klockdoc

klockdoc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Thank you very much. I thought I could use an older version, but, did not know where to find it.

Thanks again