Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

system restarts after about 30mins

• Please log in to reply

dolittle182

dolittle182

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi all. im having a problem with my boys pc and hope someone might help cuz its doin me nut in :blink: i have just upgraded my pc and gave him my ram, mobo, grx card, and chip. the spec is amd xp 3000, 750mg of ram, radeon 9800 pro, asus mobo.

installed xp, that was fine, then system restarted all the time. because he only had 350w psu i told him he needed new psu. just installed new 500w psu, and it still happens. not nowhere near as much mind.

i have tryed unticking restart on errors but it still restarts :help:

please somebody help me :whistling:

cheers dudes

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
first thing that comes to mind is heat.... second is power, you replaced the power supply but did you get a good power supply or some cheap knock off? IF you eliminate the heat and power issue, next I'd look at ram.....

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
If you put your hand in does it feel really hot inside after having it on for a while?

dolittle182

dolittle182

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
there is no heat problems. psu was about £30 and the same as i have in my pc. works fine for me :whistling:

thanks

what could be the matter with ram?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well you could download and run memtest86.... you download it and either put it on to disk or cd depending on what you get.... Also you could double check the motherboard. You want to look at the capacitors... they are the can-like components. see if any are bulged or appear to be leaking....

dolittle182

dolittle182

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yipeee! cracked it. it was the memory, motherboard didnt like one of them.

thanks guys

:whistling:

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
No problem.... thanks for posting your solution it may help someone else in the future...