Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VIDEO CARD BRANDS

• Please log in to reply

Redletter

Redletter

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Im in the process of getting a Nvidia 6800 GT but im seeing a whole bunch of different brands. Such as Roswill, XFX, Gigabit, EVGA, Chaintech, and the lot. Whats the best brand/ manufacturer(what ever it is) to go with. Im a previous ATI guy and had a saphire and i didnt even know the dif btwn that and a Powercolor and such ... so please help me someone.... lol

Advertisements

Redletter

Redletter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'd also like to add Leadtek's version as well as BFG technologies.... i dont know whether performance is decreased or what ever but someone please tell me the difference

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
bfg 6800gt oc.

the safest way to go because the card comes over clocked by the manufacturer so if anything was to go wrong it can be rma'ed wit no problem.

keep in mind this card is up and around 500 dollars. i can build a semi decent rig with that amount of money

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
to tell you the truth,
the differences are really insignificant. i mean theres minor things like cooling, and default clock rates but when it comes down to it, they're all using the same chip that are capable of running at the same speeds.

id guess that the more expensive cards come with a more "efficient" and reliable setup. i like to go behind the theory of "you get what you paid for".

but when it comes down in the end. all the cards run around that same price range. from 350-400 dollars.

oh and i was wrong when i said the bfg was 500. i thought they would tremendelously overprice it because they advertised it as "overclocked" but i guess not. sorry about that.

so yes. dont worry too much about getting cheated out of performance. worry about getting cheated about quality. who wants a kick [bleep] card that overheats all the time?